Dementia Ward Garden Appeal
Our Forget Me Not Unit have a vision, to be able to provide our patients and their families a calm and tranquil garden that they can enjoy whilst within our Warrington hospital.
Our Forget Me Not unit has launched their ‘Help make our Dementia Garden a Blooming Success’ appeal, the unit is calling all like minded supporters to help raise money to fund and make their vision a reality.
Being able to provide a calm, but colourful & safe outdoor garden area for our Dementia patients and families to enjoy while on our Forget Me Not ward, would mean so much to us all here at WHH.
Creating a piece of normality by way of a garden, can certainly help reduce anxieties that by being in new environments can create, plus having new opportunities to further engage with our patients.
The target is an ambitious £70,000 to fund the garden, this will include re-vamping and extending the existing area, a covered area so patients can enjoy the garden all year around, colourful shrubs and flowerbeds plus wall art, of local areas.
How can you help?
Want to become involved in this wonderful project?
There are many ways to help –
- join in on one of our organised events,
- create your own fundraising event,
- choose WHH Charity as your company’s Charity of the Year
- request your employer to support the project by sponsorship or employee fundraising
- donate items – we have a wish list of items we would like to include within the garden – things such as a red telephone box, red Post Box, local black and white pictures of local areas A3 + (we are hoping to house these on the outside walls and so would need to adjust their frames)
Or if you have set yourself a personal challenge this year, why not choose our charity to benefit from the sponsorship – all will be supported by the WHH Charity team!
To DONATE directly to this campaign visit our Just Giving Dementia Garden Campaign Click here